QLD Business Basics Grants Program (Round 3)
(Update) Due to technical issues experienced with the Business Basics grant application portal Round 3 now starts on:
- Regional Queensland funding stream – 9am, Monday 16 May
- South East Queensland funding stream – 9am, Tuesday 17 May
The QLD government opens grant applications for Round 3 of the Business Basics Grants Program on Wednesday 4th May. Please note that Round 3 will close when sufficient applications have been received for competitive assessment. If you qualify and wish to apply it is advisable to apply quickly.
The Business Basics grants program provides support to businesses to increase core skills and adopt best practice.
This support includes funded activities in 5 priorities:
- Training and coaching
- Website build or upgrades
- Professional business advice
- Strategic marketing services
- Business continuity and succession.
For this round, there are 2 funding streams based on what Local Government Area (LGA) eligible businesses are headquartered. These LGAs are grouped into either South East Queensland or regional Queensland.You may be eligible for a single up-front fixed grant payment of $5,000 (excluding GST). The grant is for funding activities from the above 5 priorities.
- have fewer than 20 employees (by headcount);
- be operating and have an active Australian Business Number (ABN);
- be registered for GST;
- have a Queensland headquarters and an operating address;
- have an expected turnover of $300,000 or less for the current financial year;
- not have been approved for funding under an earlier round of Business Basics;
- have owners/directors that are not undischarged bankrupts; and be solvent
How to apply:
Applications open 9am, 4 May 2022. Start preparing your application now by following these steps.
- Read the key documents and information:
- Check your eligibility.
- Apply for a DESBT SmartyGrants applicant account (if you don’t already have one).
- Ensure your Australian Business Register profile for your business is up to date (check your ABN status, GST status and main business location).
- Choose your suppliers – collect your detailed quote(s) from supplier(s). Note: Supplier quotes dated before 13 April 2022 will not be accepted.
- Prepare your documentation, including:
- a signed and witnessed statutory declaration from the business’s owner or director stating the business meets all eligibility criteria, AND
- supplier quotes (no more than 2), dated after 13 April 2022, detailing description and costs of services, who will undertake the activity, and an outline of key activities. You will only be able to upload 1 quote per supplier.
- Start your application (SmartyGrants application form will be available from 9am, 4 May 2022).